All About Gravity Bong
A gravity bong is mostly used for obvious reasons and are an excellent way to get the most out of your smoke. The way a gravity bong works is by the principle of gravity; what goes up, will always come down.
There are two types of gravity bongs; the bucket bong and waterfall bong. What the two have in common is that they both use air pressure and water to produce smoke from one’s stash. The only difference between the two is the number of containers that are used to produce the preferred effect.
The bucket gravity bong makes use of two buckets, while the waterfall gravity bong uses only one bucket and that is their only difference.
The general principle of the gravity bong is to allow smoke to rise, and thus little effort is used to inhale by the user. Pressure is the name of the game, and we will look at how to make the gravity bong and use it effectively.
How the Gravity Bong Works
The Bucket Gravity Bong
This bong is usually made of two containers, one large one, preferably a bucket, and a smaller one that will fit into the large one. The best small container to use is a plastic bottle of around 2 liters.
The base of the plastic is cut off, and a small hole is pierced in the bottle’s cap which will also hold the bowl. This is where smoke will exit ready to be inhaled. The cap is then filled with stash and lit, and the bottle is then immersed up to the neck level into the bucket which is filled with water.
To enable one to smoke, the bottle is then slowly lifted out of the water, but not completely, and the smoker then places their mouth at the bottle cap opening to get smoke. To fill the bottle with more smoke, the bottle needs to be put back into the water again.
The internal pressure that occurs when the bottle is pulled upwards and pushed down again is what enables the bottle to be filled up with smoke.
In the waterfall bong, a bucket is not required. All that is needed is a plastic 2-liter bottle, a rubber stopper and a nozzle which also acts as the bowl and prevents the stash from going into the bottle. The bottle is then filled with water, and the bowl is lit.
A small hole is then made at the bottom of the bottle, draining out the water and filling the bottle with smoke from the lit bowl, as the water slowly drains out of the bottle. When all the water is out of the bottle, the user can then uncap as the water will have been replaced by the smoke.
SmokingWithStyle.com offers an awesome explanation on Bong Etiquette.
How to Make a Gravity Bong
The most common bong is the bucket bong, and it is also the most effective.
- The first step is to get a plastic 2-liter bottle and cut off the bottom. It is always advisable to look closely at the contours at the bottom of the bottle. Usually, there is a bottom layer that comes off easily.
- Pierce a hole on the bottles cap with a pair of scissor, screw driver or any other sharp object. If the cap is too hard, you can expose it to a flame of fire to soften it up. It then becomes easier to plug a hole into it.
- Make a bowl using foil paper which can easily be found inside cigarette packs or the one used to wrap food. Place a small piece of the foil paper around the pierced bottle cap, making it go through the hole on the cap, to form a pocket. This is where you will place your stash.
- It is now time to get a bucket filled with water and submerge the bottle in the bucket. Place the stash in the already created bowl and light it.
- Screw the bottle cap with the stash onto the bottle and tighten it. The gravity bong is now ready, and all you need is to slowly push it in and out of the water for the smoke to fill the bottle. To smoke, all you need is to unscrew the cap of the bottle off.
Why a Gravity Bong is so Effective
The gravity bong has numerous advantages over the other bongs.
- It generates a lot of smoke which enables the user to have a maximum high. This also means the user takes in large amounts of smoke.
- The gravity bong has variety; you can buy one, or you can make one yourself if you have access to all the materials, which are a bucket, plastic bottle, and water. This can save you a lot of costs.
- When it comes to economizing on your stash, gravity bongs are the way to go a little stash will go a long way without compromising on your high.
- A gravity bong takes approximately 10 minutes to assemble saving you lots of time and energy.
- The gravity bong requires no maintenance at all, making it a very cheap option. Any damaged part can also be easily replaced.
Ready-made Bongs and Where to Buy
There are a lot of places where you can buy a quality gravity bong, and they are very affordable. They are also constructed from different material from glass, aluminum to pipe material. Most bong shops stock gravity bongs as well in addition to the other bongs.
Online is where most bongs are available, and the sellers are discreet and organize shipping and delivery right to your door step. Sites that gravity bongs are readily available are; billowby.com, vortexgravitybong.com, dhgate.com, Amazon, grasscity.com among hundreds of other websites.
The blue and the green color from Vortex Gravity Bong: Gravity Bong for Sale is a great bong to add to your collection. Very rarely do you notice them out of stock. Made famous by a popular tv show and due to the effectiveness of quality smoke and tast.
Prices range from between $10 to $100 dollars which mean every budget is catered for. Among the gravity bongs on offer are some that do not even require water but use air pressure instead.
The first gravity bong to be manufactured for commercial purposes is called the Graviton and comes in two sizes; large and extra- large bongs. To this day, it is still available and can be purchased in the websites mentioned above.