The best cannabis strains for holiday vary between individuals because not everyone likes outdoor activities or partying. Some want to chill in their backyard or indoors, meditating and reminiscing.
There are countless ways to spend your holidays, and they should help you determine the right equipment, setting, and cannabis strain.
This guide highlights the best cannabis strains for outdoor activities, camping, feasting, partying, games, and movies.
However, this information is neither intended to be medical advice nor an endorsement of any product. You should always consult a doctor before using cannabis for any purpose.
- The best Mary-Jane for the holiday depend on your plans for the holiday season.
- You can find the best strains whether you want to relax, go on vacation, or play video games with peers and family at home.
- Note that most strains may have significant THC levels, which could adversely impact your well-being and leisure time.
What Makes the Best Cannabis Strains for Holiday?
The best cannabis strain for you during the holiday matches your preferences and tolerance. Besides, your chosen cannabis strain should offer the desired results based on what you plan to do during the holiday.
Every cannabis strain has a unique profile of compounds that determine how best to apply them. For example, cannabis strains with high THC and low CBD are known to be energizing and stimulating, especially if they’re Sativa dominant.
On the contrary, Indica dominant are relaxing and calming, making them ideal for insomnia and meditation. Similarly, weed has terpenes and flavonoids that influence the overall experience, with some producing sweet aromas and flavors that could enhance the holiday spirit.
Luckily, we have sorted out the differences and listed the best cannabis strains for different settings of your holiday.
Best Cannabis Strains for Holiday
5. Best Cannabis Strains For Camping
If you want to go camping during the holiday season, you want a cannabis train that will keep you relaxed in your fireplace as you meditate and reminisce. The best strains for calm and relaxation are Indica-dominant strains with a notable THC level.
- Granddaddy Purple: Grandaddy Purple cannabis strain has an Indica dominance of around 70%, and its THC levels can reach 27%, which is ideal for some euphoria and a relaxed mind. This strain also has a sweet and fruity aroma that can enhance the holiday experience.
- OG Kush: OG Kush is a sought-after cannabis strain for its potency and sedative effects. It is ideal when you want to chill near the fireplace on your vacation or camping. Its Indica dominance and about 26% THC can induce a blissful state as you enjoy the warmth.
4. Best Cannabis Strain for Partying and Socializing
If your holiday is full of parties and events, the best strain should keep you creative and confident.
- Blue Dream Cannabis Strain: Blue Dream is a cross between Haze and Blueberry, so you can expect the balanced effects of energy and relaxation associated with the parent strains. The strain has about 19% THC, which is relatively high enough to elicit alertness, confidence, and memory.
- Bruce Banner: Bruce Banner is one of the most potent cannabis strains with about 30% THC. When you combine this potent THC level with the strain’s Sativa dominance, you will surely get significant mind stimulation that turns you into an outgoing person.
3. BEST Cannabis Strains for Feasting
Feasting is part of the holidays, and you need a strain that will trigger the munchies effect and enhance metabolism. Most importantly, the strains should be aromatic to make the food even more delicious.
- Thin Mint GSC: This strain suits a holiday event involving feasting as it packs high THC (24%) that triggers hunger and stimulates the expression of lipid and glucose metabolism genes. Moreover, Thin Mint GSC’s sweet and cookie-like flavor makes it and the food more appealing.
- Blackwater: The high THC (20%) in Blackwater cannabis strain increases the release of Ghrelin, a hormone that boosts appetite. The strain also has low CBD levels that can’t counteract the THC effects, so your energy and munchies won’t be affected. Blackwater’s sweet grape aroma makes it more appealing and enjoyable for feasting, especially for those with a fruity or citrus preference.
2. Best Cannabis Strain for Outdoor Activities
If your holiday season is packed with many outdoor activities, you must steer clear of sedative strains. The best cannabis choice should keep you focused, energized, and euphoric. So, whether you want to go sledding, hiking, or skiing, here are the strains you should consider.
- Durban Poison: Durban Poison is a pure Sativa strain, meaning it offers pure energy with no sedation. Besides, Durban Poison THC levels can reach 25%, offering a clear-headed high that could overwhelm novice smokers.
- White Widow: This cannabis strain is slightly Indica-dominant and offers moderate relaxation and energy. The limited effects are ideal for some outdoor activities as you want to remain adventurous without drowsiness. Its 20% THC level will surely keep this promise, keeping you euphoric and uplifted.
1. Best Cannabis Strain for Movies and Gaming
Most cannabis strains will increase the salience of stimuli for all your entertainment activities. Still, you must find out the best when you want to spend much of your holiday time playing games and watching movies. Below are the two most suitable strains.
- Super Silver Haze: This strain is Sativa Dominant, so you won’t feel that couch-lock or sedation associated with Indica strains. Besides, Super Silver Haze’s 16% THC can cause arousal and giggly feelings, suitable for social and casual games or family movies and comedy.
- Cereal Milk Cannabis Strain: Cereal Milk derives its name from its flavor profile that resembles cereal milk but with a citrus twist. The 21% THC in Cereal milk can cause significant psychedelic effects and make things seem more engaging and exciting. Besides, the relatively high levels of CBD can alleviate stress and inflammation symptoms, making your gaming funnier
RELATED: 10 Best High-THC Cannabis Strains
Find the Right Vibe for Leisure Time
Remember that the best cannabis strain for you depends mainly on your preferences and tolerance. Most strains highlighted here have significant THC levels, a cannabinoid shown to potentially cause overwhelming psychoactive effects.
Besides, most of these cannabis strains may have side effects such as dry mouth, paranoia, and anxiety, especially when you take high doses. Therefore, it is advisable to approach them strains with caution and moderation.
Above all, consult a professional healthcare provider to advise you on cannabis use pertaining to your body.